In this episode, I discuss pitch decks for startups looking to raise funds.
A few quotes from this episode:
- Everyone is a pitch deck expert, some of the advice will even be good
- You can get some real confidence when you see how basic YouTube pitch deck was
- Pitch decks are designed to be “pitched” not emailed
- A great pitch deck has very few words on it
- A pitch deck is not a business plan
- If you don’t win an investor’s heart you’ll probably never convince their head
- You want to start your pitch deck with a story
- When you pitch you need to create both ‘fear’ & ‘greed’ within your potential investors
- Create a vision for the future with your pitch deck
- Make sure you add the ‘secret sauce’ to your pitch deck
- Please don’t ask investors to sign an NDA before you present your pitch deck
Here are the pitch decks I talk about during this episode.