A real honor to be invited on to Episode 2 of the QUT podcast Podcast.
At the start of the episode, Tim and Yotam talk about the QUT Bluebox Robotics Accelerator for 2018 Applications are open now and you can find out more and apply at www.qutbluebox.com.au/robotics
Tim and I discuss ‘growth hacking’,
A few quotes:
- ‘Growth Hacking’ is often a buzzword that annoys marketers
- Growth Hacking is really about making short sharp measurable marketing tests for your business
- For startup marketing: Tie your product in closely with your marketing
- I like to think that a degree still counts these days
- Growth hack teams often resemble a hackathon team with a Hacker, Hustler and Hippie.
- People try to re-invent the wheel, without knowing what a wheel is first
- Growth hacking sits well with startups because a startup does not sit in a room writing a business plan, they get out and test
- A founder actually wants to know if they are spending money and not getting a return
- You can’t run an experiment if you don’t measure anything
- A startup a temporary organisation looking for a repeatable business model